"What is the book that changed your life? (not novels or religious texts)"
I think it's a wonderful way to connect in a less superficial way and learn a little more about each other. It's also a wonderful way to discover new books worth reading.
This is one of them (the full list is here):
Robert H. Schuller
Dr. Schuller shows you how to build a positive self-image, no matter what your problem. Whether it's unemployment, poor health, loneliness, fear or anything else that blocks your success, you can turn your negative into a positive. No matter how tough times get, you have the potential to achieve the best of life. Through Dr. Schuller's dynamic principles, you can learn:
- 4 ways to evaluate a new idea
- 10 commandments of possibility thinking
- 5 principles for putting problems in a proper perspective
- 18 principles of leadership
- 5 phases necessary for the faith to move mountains
- 5 ways to overcome a 'brownout' and prevent a burnout
- 25 action words to get you started and never let you quit